I am very lucky about having a chance to attend the project by the campaign-lobol children’s choir.I really have interested in this project,because I have taken part in many campaigns such like help the Children with cerebral palsy,AIDS Children,Orphan in the Orphanage,I very care about the children.So this time I put all my passion to this project with my group members.When we first got that we had been picked we were able to come together and work out roles and responsibilities. Everyone was really eager to get to work on it as, it was such a great opportunity to get a real job for a real experience.We schedule our time to meet each week with how everything was going and make sure everything we did with the plan of what we can come out.
I research the rationale behind the themes of the Loboc Children’s Choir Concert Tour.And I figure out what is the tour come about.From some research I know the Choir visit schools.And the other activities will the Choir have during their visit to Melbourne.I designed the logos for the project, but they decided to go with the original Loboc Children’s Choir logo so that the brand could be recognised and known around the community.
And I also made some pictures for the promote.
Then I made some videos for promoting.
rebuild_bohol 1 from Ailee Ma on Vimeo.
rebuild_bohol 2 from Ailee Ma on Vimeo.
With technology, we used multiple social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website, Vimeo and Email. This has proved to be the hardest part, getting followers and getting to people that would want to go to the event. But, we have incorporated a communications strategy that we will be following, to get as many people as possible to this event.
1.Situation Analysis (SWOT)
- valid cause that changes lives
- large Philippines community in Melb
- Lots of media contacts through RMIT
- The RMIT brand itself
- Internationally acclaimed performers
- Quieter time for arts in Melb
- Expensive tickets
- Music is niche
- very limited budget
- we haven’t met them or been to a performance
- limited scope to act
- limited time to work on it
- Trying to appeal to two different markets (matinee and gala)
- to use social media which is free to garner many likes, followers, ticket sales
- to reach out to an active Philippines community that aligned with the cause, religion and music
- to use Fed Square as a promoter for the concert
- to raise much needed funds for rebuilding the churches/homes
- to produce a campaign that can be referred to for future employment
- damage to reputation
- lack of knowledge or purpose to tasks
- lack of communication between stakeholders
- lack of motivation late in semester
- social media backlash, unwanted comments
- that the show’s cancelled due to poor sales
What do we want to achieve?
- Over 500 ticket sales by the concert
- At least 1000 likes on facebook page
- At least 100 followers on each platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- At least 20 comments from public on each platform
- At least 500 video views (includes all versions)
- Average two posts a weeks from June 1-21 and one post a day from June 22-27
Why are we doing this?
- to help people in the Philippines
- to learn more about a social media campaign
- to build experience for future employment
Who is going to achieve these goals?
- The whole team with access to all accounts
- Before posting, must seek approval from two other team members
How can we measure it?
- Page statistics
- Google analytics
Where are we doing this?
- on our laptops anywhere, anytime
- in weekly group meetings
What is required each week and who is doing it?
Tour Title: “Rebuild Bohol”
Concert Title: “Bohol Rising – Memoirs of A People’s Faith and Resilience.”
Tagline: “Never has music meant so much. Be there and Rebuild Bohol.”
“A concert to raise funds and help rebuild the century year old churches and communities in Bohol, Philippines destroyed by a 7.2 magnitude earthquake in 2013.”
“Over 100 people were killed, thousands of people lost their homes and the largest concentration of cultural heritage buildings in the Philippines was destroyed.”
“Through the power of music, the communities of Bohol are rising to the challenge and
reaching out to Melbourne for an unforgettable music tour.”
“The Loboc Children’s Choir is a group of 30 school children aged nine to 13 from Loboc, Bohol in central Philippines. Founded in 1980, the Choir has travelled to several European countries and recently returned from Korea.”
“Dulaang Kasing Sining is a group of five actors/dancers from Bohol.”
“Together they are Bohol Rising – Memoirs of a People’s Faith and Resilience.”
“A committee made up of RMIT University, Leaders for Change, Philippine Tours and the Philippine Consulate of Victoria”
Where does the money raised go?
“The Catholic Diocese of Tagbilaran that allocates funds directly to the rebuilding of churches in Bohol. You can visit rebuildboholchurches.org to find out more.”
When is it and where is it?
“There’ll be two concerts at Deakin Edge in Fed Square on June 27th? A family-friendly matinee at 2pm and a gala cocktail evening starting at 6pm and the show at 7:30pm. The performance goes for about 90 minutes.”
How much is it?
“Tickets for the matinee are $50 for children and $75 for adults. The gala performance with cocktails included it at $200.”
To promote the cause and encourage people to buy tickets for the concert via digital platforms:
- other music event websites
To promote on radio
- interview with local community radio station and 774
To promote to community event websites or church services websites
To promote to our own networks: at work, socially and with family
- our grades
- the amount of likes, followers on social media
- the number of people who donate/buy tickets to the concert
Finally,I charge with the project of Twitter account.And I updated two posts a weeks from June 1-21 and one post a day from June 22-27,and focus on make more followers and more likes in order to sell more tickets.
I am very happy to work with all my group members.Each of us has done our part in our selected role and then got in touch and all agreed on the work going out to the public.I am very expected to see the following what we can gain with our great effort.